Saturday, December 18, 2010

There is always room for dessert!













Dear Chase:

I can't even begin to tell you how many times a day I think about having something sweet and most of the time, it is right before I am about to have my next meal. I usually always have something sweet with my morning coffee but when it comes to lunch and dinner, I actually plan the sweet part before I even think about the savory part. I don't really know where I got my sweet tooth from...but I have a feeling it is from your grandfather. He is such a sweets lover and I must say.... like father...like daughter. I am hoping with all this baking I do weekly, you will appreciate the art of baking as much as I do. Desserts are my sweet endings to every meal and if the ending isn't good.....well, it would just feel like something was missing. So, in the effort of not letting such a thing happen..."I always save some room for dessert". My latest baking challenge was to prepare my dear mother in law a dessert she could present to her friends for a dinner she was hosting. I decided to make her cream puffs and fill them with a sweet pastry creme, drizzle them with caramel and chocolate sauce and then topped them off with roasted almonds. Such an easy but elegant dessert to make for any occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment