Monday, September 13, 2010

The Next Steps....

Dear Chase:


Countdown...we are officially 5 days away from celebrating your one year milestone. I can't even begin to tell you what a journey it has been for your daddy and I and how happy I am that this day is just around the corner. You are an amazing little baby and we are just so proud of you. You know....people always say that the first year will just fly by and before you know it; they will be walking and talking. As much as I want to hold you in my arms for as long as I can, I know that the day will come when you will be waving at me from a distance rather than pulling yourself up to tug at my knees. The selfish side of me wants you to always need me and come to me for anything and everything but with each passing day and with every new skill you learn; you will come to need me less and less. However, the non-selfish side of me wants you to learn and accomplish as much as your little heart desires and the more you learn the better I feel about myself as a parent. I remember the very first time you held your own bottle or started to feed yourself those little Gerber crackers, I started to feel the dependence shift a bit and it is only going to continue to shift as you get older. I guess I am trying to say that I love you so much and I miss every part of you that changes everyday. The next phase is the walking and talking part and I wonder what you first words will be? The classis Ma-ma or Da-da or will it be something totally orginal? As I said your party is in a few days and we have been working hard at putting everything together. You won't remember that day but just know that we made it so very special and one day I will show you pictures of when you blew out your first candle.


Love,
Mommy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment