Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Remix...














Dear Chase:


As you may or may not have noticed, I have been working overtime on my vanilla cake recipe and it goes to show that 3 times is a charm. The first time the cake came out super dense with an intense vanilla flavor but not anything I would want to serve. The second batch was better but still not as light and cake-like as I had hoped but then the 3rd time, I changed one of the ingredients and added one more so now I can now proudly say, I've done it! The perfect vanilla cupcake in taste, flavor and texture and the frosting...OH my the frosting. (so so good!) The cupcake pictured above is the remix of the vanilla cake my mom use to make me but hers was a bit lighter and more spongy than cakey. I like my cupcakes similar to the box style cakes such as Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker but at the same time...even though it is easy and taste pretty good, I cannot bring myself to bake a cake from a box when making it from scratch taste 100% better in my cookbook. So, Chase I will be making 4 dozen of these cupcakes for your birthday party and hopefully all your guests will enjoy them as I have. You know I have been baking for quite some time now but I have never been able to fully share them with you. But in about 2 weeks, you will get a taste of your first cupcake. Baby's first sugar is what people say but the fact that I baked it...makes it all the more sweeter for me :)

2 comments:

  1. *droooools*

    Amy Dunn
    www.amydunn.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait until you see the dessert menu for Chase's B-day! Whoopie pies, cookies and cupcakes galore!

    ReplyDelete