Saturday, July 23, 2011

What a Peach!

















Dear Chase:


You are probably thinking that this is just another pie recipe and what makes this pie so different or special. Well, I have to start with the super ripe peaches that I bought over two weeks ago and if I didn't use them today, then I would have to throw them out...what a waste! So, I decided to make this pie using homemade pie dough from the freezer and 8 white peaches that were just ripe for the baking.


One of my favorite ways to have peaches is in the form of a pie. I combine two layers of pastry with fresh peaches, a little sugar for sweetness, a few drops of lemon juice, a pinch of salt, cinnamon and ginger plus 2 tablespoons of flour to thicken juices.  What could be more perfect on a warm summer's night or any night for that matter, ha!


Here is the easiest recipe for a dessert that will satisfy the masses.



Follow my recipe for a perfect pie crust with the peach filling recipe below:


8 Medium Peaches, peeled and sliced
2 tbsp. All Purpose Flour
1/4 c. Brown Sugar
1/8 tsp. Ground Ginger
1/8 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/8 tsp. Ground Cardamon


Fill your pie and bake for 45-50 mins at 350 degrees until you have a nice golden brown crust and the fruit is soft when you test it with a fork or knife.


Tip: To ensure that you get a nice golden brown crust, brush the top of your pie with egg whites prior to baking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment