Monday, July 9, 2012

Dash of Red








Dear Chase:

I know it has been a long time since I have posting anything on our blog so I thought what a better way to get back into the baking groove then with my all time favorite "Red Velvet Cupcakes". Each one is layered with a rich and creamy cream cheese frosting and topped off with crunchy cakes crumbs to add another layer of drama to these little red devil like cakes. What I like most about red velvet cake is the mild chocolate flavor and the moist and tender crumb you get by using buttermilk, oil instead of butter, sour cream and a few dashes of red food coloring. I know the red food coloring might not be the best thing for you but when you add the vinegar into the batter, it does take away the bitterness of the dye. I have made these cupcakes for so many occasions from birthday parties, gifting or even just a simple treat for myself. They are so easy to make and always a crowd pleaser!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment