Monday, August 30, 2010

The Art of Balloons

Mike Ianneo's (Balloon Artist Expert)- championship masterpiece.

















Dear Chase:


Your "1" year old Birthday is just around the corner and your daddy and I have been working diligently on planning your very special day. I had so many ideas from a super hero theme party, to renting out a children museum in San Mateo, to hosting a BBQ in Golden Gate Park. There were just so many ideas bouncing around for the past two months but since I couldn't decide on your theme; your super efficient daddy made the decision for the both of us. He suggested having the party at your grandmother's house and just making it a great day full of games, gifts, prizes, lots of food and sweets to share with family and close friends. Now with the idea firmly in place, my hunt for the perfect decorations begins along with the dessert menu and main theme for the food. It is officially 3 weeks until the big day and the part that I am most excited about is the balloon decorations. I searched high and low for the perfect decorations that would act as a party favor as well as a theme/decoration piece. I finally found this balloon artist who is not only an expert at what he does but he gave me the deal of the century, his name is Mike Ianneo. His credentials include making the balloons for the movie, "Patch Adams" and traveling to Japan every year to perform his balloon shows. He also won first place at the International Balloon artist convention for his original Mickey Mouse design and he has a kid's balloon kit book available at every book store in the country. He is an expert at what he does and he has been entertaining kids in the Bay Area for a very long time. I feel very lucky to have stumbled upon him. The deal is in place, the delivery date is set and there will be (20) amazing balloons resembling characters such as Nemo, Lighting McQueen, Beauty and the Beast and much much more, displayed all around the house. I wanted the guests to walk in and feel as if they are visiting a toy store...Chase's Toy Store. It will be a magical day for all of us, especially me. It is the day you were born Chase, and quite honestly the happiest and most memorable day of my life. You are everything I hoped you would be and so much more. I look forward to many more birthdays to come ...so take a deep breathe Chase, make a wish and blow out your first candle :)





3 comments:

  1. Wow! Chase will be 1 already! I miss you so much! I wish we lived in beautiful Cali., I am very jealous of you:) Enjoy the beautiful west coast and give Chase a kiss from me! Hopefully we can meet him soon!
    Love ya- Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jackie:

    Defintely, I would love to meet your little love ones as well. It has been so long but I still think of you and Andy from time to time.

    Miss you too!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, Jackie. My mom and I had lunch today, and your name came up. This is wonderful news, glad you shared it.

    Amy Dunn
    www.amydunn.com

    ReplyDelete