Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Lemon Please!











Dear Chase:

This weekend was unlike any other weekend in the past few months. I did my usual list of To-Do's....grocery shopping, cleaning the house and just getting everything organized for the new week. This particular Sunday...your daddy asked me to make two of my super delicious lemon pound cake for his two co-workers to enjoy. I thought it was such a nice idea and sweet gesture so I happily agreed to make them. Not to mention the fact that your daddy doesn't normally eat sweets that isn't in powder form...ha! I was just amazed that he like it so much that he requested an order for his friends. You know me Chase, I love to bake and to know that others enjoy my baking just as much. It is funny how when you bake as much as I do, I rarely desire to eat my own goodies; except to taste test for quality control. The best thing about this lemon cake is that there is no butter and yet it is still so moist and fluffy, with a burst of lemon flavor. When baking, I normally opt to use either sour cream or whole milk yogurt to give the cake a moist and rich consistency without adding additional fats to it. In this case, I use both. You know...I would normally share my recipe with all my family, friends and fellow blogger's but I think I will keep this one for myself ...at least until I get a special request for the recipe. As for future inspiration...I do believe there is a lemon cupcake with a vanilla frosting on the horizon Chase, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment