Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Pinch of Salt


 
Dear Chase:


I just devoured two chocolate ganache cupcakes for breakfast and you can be sure I will be having another one for dessert tonight :) I have been waiting and waiting for an occasion to make these super light and super rich chocolate sea salt cupcakes. I really like how light this cake is and how it turns out perfectly every time. I usually pair this cupcake with my classic vanilla cream cheese frosting but this time, I decided to make it with double the chocolate for double the flavor. This might seem like a simple chocolate cupcake to you but you must know that there are many depths of flavors to it. Let's start off with the rich chocolate dutch cocoa to the instant coffee granules that make any chocolate taste...well more chocolaty, to the mexican vanilla extract that adds a bit of floral aroma to the glaze. Lastly, I like to top it off with a sprinkle of Maldon Sea Salt, which adds the interesting combination of sweet and salty. I have always loved those two flavors together and it all started with the sweet and salty popcorn that I still stock in our cabinets for movie nights. I thought...why not bring that idea onto my cupcakes and have the best of both worlds. So...here is my new favorite cupcake flavor...take your favorite cupcake and add a few sea salt flakes and give the sweet and salty combo a try.....

No comments:

Post a Comment