Monday, October 25, 2010

Trick or Treat

Such an interesting wedding cake!





















Dear Chase:

I was surfing the Internet last night as I always do once you have fallen asleep. I find it to be the best time to collect my thoughts, research recipes and come up with creative things to make for the upcoming holiday season. So, I came across this very unusual wedding cake that was themed for a Halloween wedding. I don't know many people who would get married on Halloween but nonetheless the cake was very interesting and super creative. It is Halloween this weekend and we are going to go trick or treating for the first time as a family. I think we may go visit a couple pumpkin patches in the neighborhood if the weather permits. This is your 2nd Halloween Chase and this time around you will be wearing a super fun costume along with all your other little cousins. This year I thought it would be fun to dress up and parade around as the all American classic hamburger. You look so adorable and awfully delicious at the same time...ha!  I don't normally dress up for Halloween myself but I do celebrate it in my own way. When I was your age, my parents would bake dozens and dozens of cookies to pass out instead of the traditional candies that you would normally expect. One of our family bakeries was located in a mall and we would give out mini cookies bites to all the little kiddies. We were actually the most popular store....I remember how all the children and adults alike would come back for seconds and sometimes thirds :) I won't be doing that this year but I will be making pumpkin cupcakes with a honey vanilla frosting in honor of this festive holiday. Not that I need another reason to bake something but I do enjoy it so much that I really do take advantage of every opportunity... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment