Thursday, July 22, 2010

First Moments

Dear Chase:


You turned 10 months this week and I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. I'm sitting in bed trying to fall asleep but my mind is just racing . I keep thinking about first moments and how they can be so definitive to everything else in your life. Like the first moment I met your father or the first moment I knew I was in love and wanted to spend the rest of my life with him....the first moment I knew I was pregnant with you and the first moment I truly felt like a mother. Let me take us back for a moment...  you were barely 2 months old and you were very much a crier in the beginning and every night I would read you a story. I was 2 minutes into what is now your favorite book and you fell asleep for the first time without crying. It was an amazing feeling, I was never really the maternal type but the from that night on, I knew exactly what kind of mother I wanted to be. You too will have many first moments throughout your life. I will never forget your first laugh, your first smile or even your first courageous journey up our 2-step entry way from the living room into our dining room. You are definitely the dare devil in the family. As for baking, I was planning on making some brownies tonight but I think I will save that for tomorrow night. This is an old recipe that I will modify to make my own.It is the perfect blend of rich dark chocolate with a sprinkle of flaky sea salt to bring out the savory and sweet flavors that compliment one another so perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment