Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Quest for the Perfect Brownie








Dear Chase:

As promised, I made some of my sea salt chocolate brownies...they turned out well but I must admit I am still working on perfecting my recipe. This is the 3rd batch that I made and my dedicated taste tester Jason, gave me his honest opinion. He thought they were a bit more cake-like versus a fudgy type of brownie. I personally prefer the fudgy, gooey ones myself with chocolate frosting on top and a dopple of whip cream on the side. The two most important components for a good brownie other than quality ingredients is timing. It is essential to not overcook your brownies even by a minute, the brownie needs to be settled in the middle but not cooked all the way through. I also like to use Maldon sea salt flakes, it is a bit pricey but they make such a big different in the way your baked goods taste.This recipe is pretty darn good but I am seeking absolute perfection. Stay tuned for my new an improved brownie recipe.


1 comment: