Wednesday, July 28, 2010

War of the Cupcakes!














Dear Chase:


Not only do I love baking my own little delectables but I love watching other people do it as well. I have always been a huge fan of "The Food Network" and some of my favorite shows include, Iron Chef, Chopped and Giada at Home. The newest addiction to the food network entourage is "Cupcake Wars". A sweet, challenging competition chopped style, where the competitors take a key ingredient or theme and create 3 different cupcakes. They are judged on creativity, presentation and of course taste. It is very entertaining to watch and see how creative these bakers can be in such a short amount of time plus it gives off an extra dose inspiration for the baker in me. Last night's competition was based on "The LA Film Festival".... it centered around movie theatre ambiance, red carpet glamour and theater type snacks both salty and sweet. It was a very interesting challenge because salty and sweet is one of my favorite flavor combinations. I was particularly inspired by the winner of the challenge..."Sweet Arleen's" from Westlake Village and her interesting twist on a variety of cupcake flavors. I have not baked any cupcakes for you lately but I will be back in baker mode this week. I will be making my super delicious strawberry cupcake but with a cream cheese strawberry frosting. I look forward to next weeks episode to see who wins, who goes home and who comes up with the most creative and inventive cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment