Friday, August 20, 2010

A New Dress a Day!

Dear Chase:


I was looking through my Yahoo reader when I came across this article about a woman by the name of Marisa Lynch, who takes an old dress each day and completely transforms them from what was once too big or ugly... to a beautiful and very modern dress and all for a $1. How is that possible, I thought and how would those dresses look? Well, to my total surprise and complete amazement; I found myself not only admiring the total transformation of a dress that can I can only describe as a bed sheet to what I now see as a similar version of a dress that I would find in my own closet...but I certainly didn't pay $1 for mine. This is definitely a woman that has the skills and creativity as well the savvy nature to be so inventive and cost effective at the same time. I found myself going through her entire blog shopping through her closet and just loving so many of the dresses that she created. In such hard economic times, it is so refreshing and fun to see someone take the skills that they have, inspire others...all the while building a very enviable closet too. I mean our blog is about baking and motherhood and just my thoughts in general but our fellow blogger Marisa, has definitely inspired me and others, that it doesn't take alot to build your ideal empire. Whether it is cupcakes or dresses...do what you love and all the rest will take their place.


Here are two of my favorite pieces that Marisa made:


How adorable is the print of this dress. The skinny belt is a super nice touch! Love it!






























  

No comments:

Post a Comment