Thursday, August 26, 2010

Test Kitchen

A work in progress....but I still ate two :)













Dear Chase:

As you continue to grow up, you will learn that there are so many times in your life that trial and error will be the way you not only learn but get better at whatever it is you are doing. This the perfect example to show you how trial and error along with persistence will give you the results you wish to achieve. I have been working on my classic vanilla cupcake recipe for some time now and with the help from my mom (your grandma)...I have managed to come up with a recipe that if it works; will be my go-to recipe for vanilla cake. My goal is to make a vanilla cupcake that is full of vanilla flavor but not overwhelming, moist but not too heavy. Most of the vanilla cupcakes that I have had in the past are very thick, dense and sad to say very dry. The most difficult part of making a vanilla cupcake is the moist factor and to be sure you do not over mix or the cake will turn out hard and dense. I am hoping this recipe will have the taste of a pound cake but much much lighter. That is the beauty of baking...you can try one recipe and if it doesn't come out the way you like it, then you can either change the ingredients and try again until you get it right. Wouldn't life be easier if we could redo all our mistakes that didn't turn out as planned. But life is more complicated and most of the time you only get one chance. So, remember Chase... always do everything as if it was your only shot and do it well. Certain things in life only happen once or not at all. Embrace those moments, take advantage of lucky moments and make the best of every single opportunity you are given. Now, as for my cupcakes...they are very yummy with just the right amount of vanilla flavor but I still have a few changes to make in this recipe but with a new ingredient. Stay tuned for my newest version on a classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment