Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuxedo

Dear Chase:


Wedding season has arrived and there will be quite a few that we will be attending in the next couple of months. What does that mean for you? That means getting dressed up in your finest white onsie, a nicely pressed button-down shirt with some slim fitting grey chinos and a pair of comfortable socks from your Trumpette collection. Daddy and I will be wearing whatever we have that matches your outfit ....because after all, it is all about you :) But seriously, wedding season is upon us and I am so very happy for all of our family and friends who are about to take that step toward total commitment and utter bliss (provided you have the right person on your arm as you say your well rehearsed "I do's"). I am once again inspired to do what I love to do most, bake, bake and bake some more. This week we are going shopping for a tuxedo type jacket for you to wear over your well chosen ensemble. You know, there are so many components that go into planning a wedding from the flowers, to the music, to the colors and theme to the food and of course the wedding cake. (my favorite part). The last wedding we attended the bride and groom chose a to have red velvet cupcakes instead of the traditional wedding cake. That was the first time I had red velvet cake at a wedding let alone in cupcake form. I thought it was very risky but modern being that most of the guests are from another generation and probably never even had red velvet cake before. Nonetheless it was delicious and I could tell by the smile on everyone's face as I was on my second one, that they enjoyed it as much as I did.  As a tribute to all the weddings on our upcoming calendar, I will make a classic vanilla cupcake with a vanilla bean frosting. The perfect representation of the beauty and elegance of each and every wedding we will be attending....to all the happy couples!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment