Tuesday, August 17, 2010

PB Chocolate Time...

 If you love peanut butter, give this recipe a try, delish!


















Dear Chase:

Your grandmother hosted a super delicious dinner for the family last night in honor of my birthday and your auntie Jennifer's birthday as well. The theme of the dinner was finger foods, we had everything from sushi to ribs but I think my favorite dish had to be the super cheesy artichoke and jalapeno dip and chips. I don't normally like those types of dips but she did it right and it was so delicious, I had to make an exception. Your grandmother asked me to make a little something to add to the dessert table so I opted to make my peanut butter cookie with a bit of a twist. I added chocolate chips to the cookie dough for a peanut butter cup like flavor. It take a little more time rolling the dough into ball with the chocolate chips as they kept slipping out but it all came together in the end. Everybody enjoyed the cookies and there weren't any leftovers...that only means the cookies were a hit :) I can't wait until the day I can bake cookies for you...I wonder what will be your favorite flavor. Chocolate chip, sugar, oatmeal, molasses spice, or maybe you won't have a favorite and just love them all. Your "1" year birthday is approaching soon and I will be making you a cookie bar featuring my all time favorites. Stay tuned....

Follow this recipe for your own peanut buttery cookies:

Ingredients:

1 1/4 c. All Purpose Flour
3/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 c. Unsalted Butter
1 tbsp. Shortening
1 c. Peanut Butter (I use the all-natural kind)
1tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 c. Brown Sugar
1 Large Egg

Directions:
In a large bowl, cream sugars, butter, and shortening. Add peanut butter, egg, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.


Combine flour, soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Gradually add to peanut butter mixture until completely combined. Cover bowl and chill for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheet(s). Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place on cookie sheet 3 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes.

 
Mix the dough until fully combined, should have a slightly grainy texture.






I used a fork to make these crisscross indentations on each cookie. Cool for about 5 minutes and enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment